"Overthorpe is more than just a school .... "
The Department for Education states there is a need for all schools to promote and teach British Values as part of the curriculum.
The DfE defines British Values as follows:
- Respect for democracy and support or participation in the democratic process
- Respect for the basis on which the law is made and applies in England
- Support for equality of opportunity for all
- Support and respect for the liberties of all within the law
- Respect for and tolerance of different faiths and religious and other beliefs.
At Overthorpe CofE Academy we promote British Values through our spiritual, moral, social and cultural education and the distinctive Christian character of the Academy which permeates through the whole curriculum, ensuring we support the nurture and education of the ‘whole child’. We recognise that such development is most successful when those values and attitudes are promoted and modelled by all of our school community.
At Overthorpe we actively promote British Values through our "Curriculum Fit for Overthorpe". Please click on the links below to see how we ensure that our children learn to demonstrate each one.